Favorites

May 27, 2014

A weeekend away

Just got back from a weekend at this beautiful lake with our small group from church. Might seem like no big deal, unless you know the story...
One year ago, we were a part of a wonderful church with people who were--are--very, very dear to our hearts. Walking with them and being encouraged by their lives of faithfulness was a precious privilege. But we were very far from church and building relationships during the week was difficult because of the distance.
I was newly married, in a new state, a new community, and very lonely for relationships and community. And my darling husband started to feel that burden too, for when two are one their burdens become each other's. What a good man he is. He saw my need and did some research and we started checking out a local church.
But it was a big church, and I feared I'd never get to know anyone. But the dear husband--introvert though he be--kept pressing in, kept building relationships with and for our fledgling family, by Sunday school classes and Bible studies, and lunch out with church friends, and a Christmas party, and Sundays of forming relationships at a new marriage ministry, and many Tuesday nights of wrestling the little guy still while we went to small group and tried to make it through with a baby. And his hard work has paid off.
Today, I can testify that God provides. Lonely seasons do not last forever. And I must also say that I am so grateful for my hubby, leading our family so well and working so hard to provide for us the community I so desperately longed for. Well done, darling. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment