Favorites

May 27, 2014

Thankfulness

Recently, I had the opportunity to reconnect with a childhood friend (we've known each other since I was about three!). She's been living in Singapore for the past three years, so this was my first chance to meet her little boy and introduce her to Ezra.

Anyway, she has this habit of listing three things she's thankful for everyday. And it has been so edifying and uplifting, so, at the risk of being a copycat, I think I'm going to try it for a while. Here goes!

Thankfulness for Tuesday, May 27th:

*The resources to buy fresh veggies and the enjoyment of watching Ezra try (and like!) beets for the first time, as well as watching him quite eagerly devour his squash and zucchini and peas (after a weekend away and not always the healthiest meals--ie; Ezra stealing french fries from us, little girls feeding him pretzels-- it was so fulfilling to see him gobbling down the healthies.:))

*A beautiful relationship with my mother-in-law and encouraging emails from her, and her listening ear when I needed it.

*Being able to make one of my hubby's favorite meals for his "birthday week," and watching him devour it while the little man slept (one perk of a late work night for hubby was that Ezra was asleep and we could enjoy a quiet dinner when he got home!)

*Putting Ezra in his crib to read books for a few minutes in the morning, trying to snag just a couple of minutes with the hubby before work, and Ezra falling asleep on his own and napping for nearly three hours!!

1 comment:

  1. I am just now getting updated with your blog and reading this post (I hadn't thought to check in a while). Honored that you're copying me. Just copying Psalm writers, and thousands of others who have gone before me, who are taking a moment to document their thanks to their Creator.
    It was a joy to meet up with you. One of the highlights of my trip in the MD/VA area.

    PS - Have you thought about linking your blog and Facebook so that your blog posts on your Facebook? That way I won't forget to see your awesome thoughts and thankful notes. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete