Favorites

August 14, 2014

Almost 13 months!

What am I grateful for? Today, I am especially grateful for my precious son.

In a few days, he'll be thirteen months old, and I have to say that right now is probably my favorite stage yet. He is so interactive, always talking and raising his eyebrows and trying to get my attention. Not that those things make me love him, for I loved him long before he had these skills. But they amplify my love because there's just something special that happens when you can communicate with someone. He's also really into signing right now.

Yesterday, I just looked at Ezra and cried, because I am so, so grateful that God gave me this little bundle of joy.

He is in so many ways the best friend that I have besides my dear hubby. Even now, he is napping, and I miss him. We had a delightful morning, playing at the park with cousins, but I miss the one on one. It is such a precious treasure.

For months now, I have wanted another baby, and I still do...I want a friend for Ezra. But now has not seemed to be God's time. So it's just me and Ezra, enjoying each other through these long days of summer. And you know what? I'm finally just basking in that joy and not so anxious anymore for what the future holds. Yes, I still am ready to welcome another baby just as soon as God sends one my way, but now I've peace in the waiting. And I'm getting to treasure the still-babyhood of my little man. He is still so much my baby, but in a dearer way because he can tell me how much he loves my hair with his whispy voice, and because he can ask for milk, or sign please whenever he wants it. He has me tied around his finger, I tell you. Not in a bad way--we still encourage independent play, he realizes mommy has things to get done, we have rules, etc. But he has my love and I am so grateful for the opportunity to give it to him day after day after day.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! I have the same longing for another little one (and my baby's only 8 months!)--after each child, I have had to re-learn the lesson of laying down my desires and asking God to give me HIS desires for me. These times, as you said, remind us of what a true GIFT children are, and to trust the Giver. :-) Enjoy your summer days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So well said, Kirsten! May God give us many more of His gifts!!

      Delete
  2. Amen to that! :-D I sure like presents...

    ReplyDelete