Favorites

June 5, 2014

June 5th

Today, I'm grateful that Ezra and I survived our first locked-keys-in-car-on-a-sweltering-hot-day escapade. My phone was low on battery and I was desperate and asked God to make it last until the "auto rescue" arrived...and it did. :)

I'm also grateful for the first lily of the season blooming in my garden, and the joy Ezra has in getting to touch things in the garden.

And...for the brand-new $40 fort building set that we found for just $2.11 this afternoon...I already have a feeling it will be a family favorite for years to come.

Even more so than these bountiful blessings, I am grateful for my son, and for all the joys he brings to my days. I can't believe he is almost one, and I have so many feelings all mixed up inside of me. I can't wait for him to be just a little older so I can start formal school studies with him, and yet I desperately miss his baby days, and regret every second I didn't savor more, but am simultaneously so grateful for all the past year has held.

I finally feel like Ezra and I are starting to learn how to play together. It's like this week he has learned how to "play back." I build a tower; he knocks it down. I throw him a toy; he throws it back. He tries to get my attention when he bangs his blocks together. Oh, how much fun he is.

And of course, I can't forget the baby snuggles, or the rapt attention with which he listens when I read the Bible to him. It's precious, no doubt about it. I love how when I ask for snuggles, he gives them to me. And I love when he falls asleep on my chest, or in my arms. And I love his shy little glances in the mirror, or the sneaky smile that crept across his face as he touched a baby doll in the store today. I think he needs a sibling....

1 comment:

  1. *big smile* We're praying for more siblings in our family, too! :-D

    ReplyDelete