Favorites

October 25, 2013

First giggles?

Dear Ezra,

It's Friday, October 25th. Today, I think you might have given me your very first giggles! We were laying on the bed together right before lunch, having just come home from a mommy event at church. I was pretending to have you "give me five" as I moved your hand to hit mine with a "kapow" sound effect, and you did it! You let out the beginning of a laugh! Daddy was working from home today, so I quickly told him and he came running up to see...and you did it some more! Daddy agreed that you're definitely starting to work on that laugh!

You're laying beside me right now, working on tummy time. I confess, I haven't done nearly enough of it. I wish I'd done more. But you don't like it or I forget or I'm lazy! But we need to build your muscles.

You are already working on the muscles to sit up, though. And you're only 14 weeks! Today I had you on my lap in a sitting position, and I let go, and as you started to fall to the side, it was like you caught yourself using your muscles!

I was telling my mommy just yesterday how many sounds you make now. I expected you to build slowly on the "agoos" you started with, but no. You know so many sounds!

You also love to hear stories now. You just finished storytime with Daddy, and it was so funny to watch you shake with excitement as he read to you. Your favorite book is a book from my sister Sarah, your aunt, that makes a few sounds when you press buttons.

Well, tummy time is frustrating you now; it's time for some milk before mommy and daddy go on a date. I love you as always, little buddy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment