Favorites

May 25, 2009

when questions come . . .

The prayer of my heart today:

"Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence."

---

Everything and everyone in life serves a purpose. That is, we are meant to KNOW HIM through those things. This is the idea that Paul presents in Philippians 3. And the mark of a true follower of Christ is one whose brow is not crossed with worry when unanswered questions have entered the mind. For if one is truly fixed on pursuing the eternal--the heavenly city--then any earthly pain can only be a blessing which will lay up glory weights in the ages to come.

So Lord, keep me humbly recognizing the beauty that comes from seeking You. Help me to remember that in You is true and undefiled joy. And teach me to seek truth in others for who You are, and not for some truth I perceive separate from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment