Favorites

June 21, 2014

hope in the year that passed too quickly

Lately, I've been almost grieving the fact that my baby is almost a year old already. It seems a strange thing to grieve, true, but last night I cried and cried because how can time slip away so fast? And I think, in a way, this article so refreshingly addresses my pain. These moments with my "hugga" have been immensely precious and some of the greatest gifts I have ever received. And yet, they are not forever. My "prospect of pain" is all caught up in the longing to hold him forever, and the worries of whether I made his first year good enough, and the insecurity of thinking, "I could have done more.." And in feeling so, my heart is ever reminded that we are not home yet. So we keep on striving to enter that rest . . .

When the Prospect of Pain Threatens Our Pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment