Favorites

October 23, 2012

Married!

(Written sixteen days after being married to my best friend!)

The Lord hath been mindful of us . . .

Sixteen days ago I married my man, my husband, my Aaron. I couldn't be happier.

I suppose I'm supposed to write some posts now about married life but I don't know what to say (only because there's oh-so-much to say!), other than to offer just a few short reflections on the past two weeks.

#1: Being married has brought a grand measure of settledness and peace to my soul. I love how Elisabeth Elliot muses on our freedom when we accept our God-given roles. And in learning to submit and to follow, there is nothing cumbersome in this task. I am blessed, I am cared for, I am protected as I let my man lead me. Praise God that His design is beautiful and we have a glorious heritage. Being married has brought a new kind of grace--the kind that comrades share and spill over with love because it is so grand, so deep.

#2: Managing a home is terribly fun. I am having a blast unpacking, baking pies and cookies and lots of meat and washing sheets and man clothes.

#3: Having someone to love is beautiful.

The end--for now. :)


1 comment:

  1. *smile* I love your writing, Christina! You have a beautiful way with words. And isn't married life AMAZING?????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete