Favorites

July 17, 2012

Goodbye & God-speed, Guild Friends!

Letter written to the incredible Guild students....saying goodbye!
 
Dear Lamplighter Guild Students,

The past two years of learning, growing, and seeking God with all of you have been an incredible season. Many of you feel like close friends—I know your families, your passions, and your joys and struggles. My job has been an incredibly blessed one, as I’ve not just had the opportunity to fill out lots of spreadsheets, send innumerable emails, and get to know some highly skilled mentors, but also to journey with many of you as you’ve discerned God’s calling in your lives and used your gifts with excellence. For this season of adventuring with all of you, I am profoundly grateful.

But seasons don’t last forever, and for that I am grateful, too. Not because this hasn’t been a beautiful season, but because I already feel the tug of a new season drawing me closer to the Savior’s heart and giving me more and more appreciation for His Word’s wisdom.

It’s with much joy that I announce that the Lord has called me to marry a wonderful man come September 29th (Lord-willing, of course!) Some of our alumni might even remember Aaron Beall from last year’s Guild Visual Arts track. We are thrilled to be moving forward for plans that God has prepared—many unknown, but many also already confirmed through shared vision.

After much prayerful consideration of what the Lord has called Aaron and me to—as well as much counsel—I have begun a transition away from my work at Lamplighter. This is a very bittersweet time, but today begins my last full-time work week with Lamplighter. I will unfortunately not be attending the Guild this year

As I close this letter and try to figure out how to say “goodbye,” two things come to mind. First, please keep in touch and keep me posted on how the Lord is at work in your lives. Secondly, this assurance from Scripture came to mind, and it is my prayer for all of us:

“But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh. Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.” (Jude 1:20-25, emphasis mine).

Warmly,

Christina Comfort
2011-2012 Guild Director
www.lamplighter.net


No comments:

Post a Comment