Last night, the hero man and I read Psalm 101.
Yesterday, I'd be thinking lots about what it'll be like for the hero man and I to start our own family and home. And this Psalm is perfect.
First, it takes about who we are abiding our days with:
"I will look with favor on the faithful in the land,
that they may dwell with me . . ."
I am so glad that my hero man is one of the faithful of the land. In fact, I like to tell him he's a mountain of strength among the hills--he's head and shoulders above anyone I've ever met in so many ways. And I look with favor upon him. :)
What really caught my attention in this passage was verse 8:
"Morning by morning I will destroy
all the wicked in the land,
cutting off all the evildoers
from the city of the Lord."
I love the picture in this verse of taking a daily inventory of what wickedness has come into the land since the day before. It is my hope that even now, as I prepare, Lord-willing, to be a wife to my hero man and a mommy to many little ones, that I will learn to take stock of my own heart every morning with a determination to cut off all evil that is taking root. And one day, may I be found faithful to wake up each morning and do the same in my home, cleansing it and purging evil -- in whatever form it takes -- far from our own little city, our own little dwelling of the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment