Favorites

February 12, 2011

Lead Me to the Rock

Dear Blog,

Tonight, my heart is full--both to overflowing and to the breaking point. How it is possible for one heart to feel so different at one time is hard to say--but perhaps some of it can be attributed to exhaustion and jet lag.

This week was truly one of the very best of my life. I was able to travel up and down the California coast with Mark and Debbie--and oh, was the time an enjoyable one. I stayed at a lovely resort, meet several new homeschooling families, ate two breakfasts and a dinner with around 500 Christian philanthropists, met with one of the most connected film producers in Hollywood, met John Campbell, one of our incredible master teachers for this summer's Guild, rode down California's freeway at up to 90 mph while simultaneously prepping for our meetings, and managed to somehow have one of the best quite times in quite some time and discuss Biblical insights with Mark. It was clear that God was with us this week.

And in less than 6 hours we'll be out the door again, off to a speech and debate tournament for Susanna. Life is good. Our family is busy, and the things we are doing have got to be the best days of our lives.

And then there are the not so great things. Things like an email letting you know that a young mother whom you dearly love has received what looks to the world like bad news about cancer. Things like another friend struggling through issues of brokenness and sadness. Things like my own selfishness and failings.

I feel like this week was almost scary in a sense, because I feel so blessed that it's almost like God will have to send some trials my way soon. So as all these things converge in my mind, I choose to seek the God who saves. The God who promises to be a Mediator if any man sin. The God who is the image of the invisible Father. The very God of very Gods who holds our times in His hands.

I remain,

a very tired follower of the one who hung the moon in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment