Do you ever hold very strongly to some doctrine, teaching, or command of scripture....for a little while? Maybe it was really easy to judge those who didn't quite meet that standard. And then, maybe it never applied to your life before or maybe you just didn't see how it did. But when it strikes you that the same path of holiness demands that your feet turn from sin, then what? Perhaps indeed then you realize the emptiness of your heart or the tendency to compartmentalize belief and action.
Yet, He giveth more grace. And The Lord giveth wisdom.
But do not lose heart when you fall, friends. I realized tonight, as I talked through an issue with someone, that my approach was that I couldn't fail because of the kind of daughter and friend it made me appear to be. But what a wrong attitude I held.
Please, Lord, never let my desire to appear holy overcome my desire to be holy like Your Son.
No comments:
Post a Comment