Favorites

April 11, 2009

"Peaceful Rest"
Yes, school is big and busy and real. But it's more often the outside of school things that weigh on our souls the most--those things that touch the core of our beings and are so very near and dear to our hearts. Those things where God has to work on us day by day, moment by moment. Those things where we are uncertain and God makes us keep on surrendering, time and time again. Eventually, the soul grows tired of questions, and sometimes begins to question God's sovereignty.


But Moses faced this too. "And Moses said unto the Lord, 'See, thou sayest unto me, "bring up this people" and Thou hast not let me know whom Thou wilt send with me. Yet, Thou hast said, "I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight." Now, therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in Thy sight, shew me now Thy way, that I may know Thee, that I may find grace in Thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.'


AND HE SAID: MY PRESENCE SHALL GO WITH THEE, AND I WILL GIVE THEE REST


Moses was trying to serve God, and He knew God's calling. And he knew that he was right with God. But he DID NOT KNOW THE DETAILS. And that's downright hard, folks. The questions of "who will go with me" can sometimes be the hardest, cause we were made for fellowship. But I think that ultimately, God was saying to Moses something like "I have made you for myself, and your heart will be restless till you find your rest in me."
'

SO HE PROMISES HIS PRESENCE. AND REST. THERE IS REST FOR OUR SOULS FRIENDS!


But are we asking, "shew me now Thy way?" Is that our prayer? Not the way that seems best in our own eyes, but His way?

No comments:

Post a Comment